- What did I achieve in 60 years?
- What more could I have achieved?
- We go when it is our time to go, not necessarily when we are ready to go – so what is my preparation for that time?
- What decisions did I take in my life which I am happy about and what did I learn from them?
- What decisions did I take which I regret and what did I learn from them?
- What opportunities did I have that I took advantage of and what did I learn from that?
- What opportunities did I miss and what did I learn from that?
- What opportunities did I create for myself and what did I learn from that?
- What did I invest in myself and what was the return?
When you look at a tomb stone you see a date under the name which reads for example 5. 1. 1980 – 6. 1. 2014
Our life is the dash between these two dates. On how we live that dash will depend what happens after the second half of the date is written.
I was born on 4th Rabi ul Awwal, 1375 Hijri and so that is the first half of my date. And like you all, I am living the dash. Someday sooner or later, the second half of the date will be written.
What then will be said about the dash and how I lived it?
Today incidentally happens to be my 60thbirthday – 4th Rabi ul Awwal, 1435 Hijri.
I have been reflecting on my life and some of the questions I asked myself are:
So – that’s enough for now.
With salaams to you all